M.Tech Admission - 2021-2022
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES
For GATE Candidates
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering/Technology or equivalent or a Master degree in Science, from the institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE/Government. The qualifying degrees for each of the M. Tech. Programmes are mentioned in INFORMATION BROUCHURE (Table 2)
- Candidates with equivalent degree and disciplineof professional bodies (like Institution of Engineers (India), Institute of Chemical Engineers, Aeronautical Society of India, Institute of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineers, Indian Institute of Metals, etc.) are not eligible to apply in any M. Tech programmes of this institute.
- Candidates must have valid GATE score (remains valid at the time of Admission) in the appropriate GATE Paper as per Table 2 .
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Tech. Programmes of the Institute should have
- Minimum 60% or CGPA/CPI of 6.0 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for UR/OBC candidates.
- Minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI of 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST candidates .
For Sponsored Candidates
- A candidate working in an academic institution/PSU/Govt. R&D orginizations/Govt. recognized private R&D orginizations/industry, is considered as a sponsored candidate. Such a candidate must be sponsored by his/her employer and must have been in employment with the sponsoring organization for at least 2 years at the time of admission.
- Candidates working in private firms/organizations have to submit their latest Salary Bank Account statement/Employees' Provident Fund(EPF) statement during uploading documents as well as during the admission process.
- The applications of candidate sponsored by the organizations under a MoU between Institute and/or under QIP programme shall be eligible for admisison.
- The employer must undertake to relieve the candidate to stay in the campus for the specified period to enable the candidate to complete the programme.
- The admission procedure consists of (i) shortlisting through GATE/NET/Appropriate National Level Examination and/or written examination conducted by the department, and/or (ii) interview.
- For sponsored candidates having Bachelors degree from Centrally Funded Technical Institutes (CFTIs) having a CGPA of 8.0 or above, the requirement of GATE/NET is waived off.
- The number of seats for sponsored candidates will be supernumeric, subject to a maximum limit of 10% of total sanctioned seats.
For IIT GraduatesCandidates graduating/ graduated from IITs with B.Tech. Degree having CGPA 8.00 and above (on a scale of 10) can apply without GATE Score. The respective department as per allocated seats will review such applications. The number of seats for such candidates will be supernumeric